Hebrew School and Family-oriented Programming
Our Mission: Fun, inspiring and educational Jewish activities with an emphasis on tzedakah (charity/generosity) and tikkun olam (social justice/kindness). Promoting a connection with each other and Judaism through the celebration of Jewish holidays, and the study of Hebrew Language and prayer.
Our Families: Affiliated, unaffiliated, and interfaith/blended families welcome!
Hebrew School Program:
- Music class– taught by Crane music education student
- Hebrew Language- taught with the latest in Hebrew educational resources
- Arts- Jewish theme projects using a range of mediums
- Culture- thematic units incorporate holidays and Jewish ethics
- Video-Computer Lab- incorporates the latest in Jewish multimedia technology
- Field trips- gives the young Jewish community of the North Country a chance to socialize and have fun.
- Our teachers are Jewish University students from local colleges. These inspiring young adults act as mentors and role models for our students.
Special Events: All families are welcome to join the Hebrew School for our annual Hanukah Party, Purim Carnival, Model Seder, and Mitzvah Day in the JShare Garden! Join our mailing list to get all the latest information!
PJ Library Program: Congregation Beth EL in partnership with the PJ Library Foundation sends free, high-quality children's books to any Jewish child in the area between the ages of six months and eight years regardless of synagogue affiliation. For more information or to enroll in the program enter